A ministry of Sharon Center United Methodist Church
6407 Ridge Road
Sharon Center, Ohio
Everyone is welcome! We will meet on Thursday, April 15, 2021 through May 20, 2021 from 7:00 to 8:00 PM in Fellowship Hall. COVID19 practices will be followed. Leaders: John and Lori Weiss, Pastor Jane Piehl. There is no cost. All materials will be provided. This is a safe place where there is no blaming, no shaming and no judgement.
This group is for anyone who is experiencing grief or sadness. There are lots of life changes that might make you consider joining the group:
- Loss of a loved one due to death, divorce or other separation
- Grief due to loss and changes to in our daily activities due to COVID19
- Loss of employment
- Unable to be with a loved one when they die, or mourn the loss
- Changes in lifestyle including illness of yourself or a loved one
1) It’s a safe place where you can go and talk about how you are feeling.
2) People in the group understand what you’re saying when many of your friends and family members don’t.
3) You will make new friends in a grief support group where are bonds formed that become very valuable when you’re having a tough time and you need someone to talk to.
4) It’s a place where people can share coping strategies. Some people who farther along in their grief journey can make suggestions about what worked for them and provide ideas and options, reading material, etc.
Questions? Contact the office at (330) 239-1616 or email sharoncenterUMCsecretary@gmail.com
Dates: Thurs evenings at 7p from April 15-May 20
Location: Sharon Center UMC, 6407 Ridge Rd. Wadsworth, OH